Behavior during Exams (List of Prohibited Behaviors for Testing)
- Absolutely no talking permitted during testing periods. A zero-tolerance code of conduct is in effect; insubordination will result in a school suspension and/or a zero (0) grade on the test. If dismissed from the testing area, a meeting between that student and teacher will take place within 24 hours to determine what will occur next.
The following behaviors are prohibited.
- In possession of or using any electronic device during testing or during breaks
- Looking at another examinee’s test booklet or answer document
- Giving or receiving assistance
- Using any device to share or exchange information at any time during testing or during breaks
- Attempting to remove test materials, including test questions and answers, from the test room by any means
- Not following instructions or abiding by the rules of the test site
- Exhibiting confrontational, threatening, or unruly behavior
- Creating a disturbance
- Students are expected to arrive to class fully prepared with whatever is required to take their test (e.g., pencil, paper, notes, etc.). Students are not permitted to leave the classroom area to return to their locker or any part of the school building to retrieve any item for testing purposes. Failure for students reporting to testing unprepared can result in having to take the test on the re-take day.
- Study guides, books and notes are NOT permitted for usage during testing.
- Calculators are permitted only by the Teacher of Record and usage of them must be stipulated to all students.